This page is intended to provide a quick reference for Agencies and Architects on the Building Code Enforcement Policies of State Buildings Programs.
Current Codes mandated by SBP:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC)
**Please note that other Codes and Standards may be required by the contracting Agency in addition to these.
Energy Code Compliance can be documented with the COMcheck software available for free distribution from www.energycodes.gov.
Visit the SPB Web Site for:
- State Buildings News
- Qualified Contractors List
- Contractor’s Registration Form
- As Needed Services Agency Contacts
- As Needed Services Selected Firms List
- Colorado Construction and Design Notices
The following policies have been provided to describe the intent and expectations of State Buildings Programs relative to Code compliance reviews and inspections. These policies can be obtained from SBP.
- Code Compliance Reviews, Policies, Procedures, and Checklists
This document establishes procedures, policies, submittal requirements, etc. as relates to the SBP mandated Code Compliance Review process. Each Agency should provide a copy of this document to their design team.
The following forms are commonly required in conjunction with the Plan Review and Inspection process.
- Plan Review Authorization
A Plan Review Authorization form is required to obtain a Building Code Plan Review by your selected Plan Review Agent. C-West can provide these to you. Please fill out the following to get your form(s).
- Building Inspection Authorization
This form is required to obtain building inspections from your selected Plan Review Agent. Typically this form can not be completed until the project has bid and a construction schedule is available. At that time C-West can provide you a proposal for building inspections that is then incorporated into the Building Inspection Authorization.
- Building Inspection Record
This document is the yellow "Building Permit" card that needs to be completed by the Agency based upon the Plan Review Agent’s "Building Inspection Recommendations" that are provided with the project Compliance Notice. This card should be posted at the construction site and signed off by the Inspectors after each inspection.